Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The text is doubler-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Reports on the Provinces
This section invites authors to submit manuscripts that review provincial elections, referenda, and other feature of ongoing democratic political life. These will be reviewed by the Reports editor, but not subject to the double-blind review process of this Journal's articles. The length of manuscripts cannot exceed 4500 words.
It is expected that the journal will publish 1 - 2 Reports each issue.
Authors who have larger manuscripts with sustained arguments ought to submit to the Refereed Article Section.